Friday, July 23, 2010

No Fail Cinnamon Rolls

I don't claim to be a bread maker. I haven't had that much success whenever I make bread. Although I keep trying. But every time I make these, they always turn out. They take a little time rising, but are well worth the end result!! (I usually half this recipe and it makes 16-18 big rolls)



1 qt. water
1/4-2 Tbsp. dry milk (I do 1 Tbsp. for a half recipe)
1/4 C. shortening
4 eggs
2 1/2 Tbsp. dry yeast
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 C. sugar
12-13 C. flour
1/2 C. margarine
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all together and beat for 10 minutes or kneed by hand for 10 minutes. Let rise until doubled in size. Flour surface and roll dough out into a rectangle. When rolled out, pour melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon on top. (raisins optional). Roll up long ways and cut to desired size. place on greased pan and allow to raise again (45 minutes - 1 hour). Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes. Frost as desired when cooled.

I usually do a cream cheese frosting when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment