Friday, August 26, 2011

Banana Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've seen lots of cookie recipes lately that use instant pudding to jazz up an ordinary cookie. On Two Peas and Their Pod I read a vanilla pudding chocolate chip cookie recipe and it sounded good. I thought I had some vanilla pudding but it turned out to be banana cream. I decided to give it a try and I liked the way they turned out. They have just a hint of banana and I'll be making them again, or I may try another flavor pudding next time.

Banana Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3.4 oz. package banana instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slight golden and set. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

1 comment: