Thursday, August 25, 2011

Enchilada Pockets

I found this recipe on the Dashing Dish website. My kids love them. Who doesn't like to eat dinner with your hands? The hardest part is getting the little pockets sealed so the yummy filling doesn't ooze out while baking. We've made these several times now. They make a quick and easy dinner.

Ingredients:
1 package reduced fat crescent rolls
1/2 (8oz) package fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat mexican blend grated cheese (or mozzarella/2% cheddar)
1 cup chicken, cooked and diced (or pulled) *I use ground turkey or beef*
1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or taco sauce/salsa) *I use enchilada sauce*
1 tbs enchilada seasoning, (or taco/any mexican seasoning) *I use taco seasoning*

Preheat your oven to 375.

Place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and soften the cream cheese for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave. Next stir in the enchilada sauce and seasoning. Then add the meat and grated cheese to the mixture.

Line a baking sheet with foil and spray foil with Pam. Next separate the crescent rolls on the sheet. Put a heaping tablespoon of filling on the largest part of the roll. Fold the edges over the filling and be sure to seal the seams shut. (I've always had leftover filling so next time I'm going to buy more crescent rolls and make a few more.) I sprinkled a little additional cheese on top too. Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment