Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crab stuffed Portabello Mushrooms- A house divided

I really liked this simple simple recipe and Stephen hated it. So if you like crab (or imitation crab) and mushroom then you will probably like this too.

8 4-inch portobello mushrooms
1 8-ounce package fat free cream cheese softened
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Old bay seasoning
Dash of ground red pepper
1 pound crab ( I used imitation)
1 cup quarted cherry tomatoes ( I left these out because I dont like the flavor)
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Swiss cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs

Preheat to 425. Remove brown gills from underside of mushrooms using a spoon. Remove stems.
Beat cream cheese til smooth, add green onion, mayo, lemon juice, old bay, and ground red pepper.
Stir in crac meat, tomatoes, and cheese. Spoon mixture into caps. Sprinkle each cap with a tablespoon of creab crumbs. Bake at 425 for 15 mins until tops are lightly browned.

P.S. these are only about 200 calories a piece or 4 W.W. points. I only ate one and I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. Paul would probably DIE if I made these for him! :D

    ReplyDelete